Tuesday, November 17, 2009

New Poetry Contributions!

We're so excited!!!! New Poetry Contributions have been added to the Permanent Site www.lagunacoastwilderness.com (in the volunteer voices section). We're also including them below, so that you can read them Right This Instant! :)


Jim von Tungeln

Whispering Winds

Whispering winds through the window of my soul,

Gently asking me, "What is your true and final goal?

Looking around at all I see,

Assuming it is all just for me --

While it whispers sweetly to my soul --

"Don't you want to be set free?"

At the mountain top the flying ants put on their best wedding show,

So much to see, so much to know…

A long reflective walk back down through the blooming meadows of ancient green,

And then a quiet beckoning sunset that finally burst it's love deep within me.

I pray you, too, discover exactly what I mean.

Because deep down inside, I think, we all yearn so much to be finally set free.


Patricia Minassian

Dilley under the Oaks
11-14-09


A canyon grandfather provides the canopy under which I lay
I am a grateful interloper in a sacred place
Through a veil of delicate oak branches intertwined
Cirrus clouds swirl, ever-changing like oil on water
Impressionistic lace on lace
In the distance a loving pair call “squeaky clean!”, “squeaky clean!”
All the while, the woodpecker does her daily chores
Come In!


No comments: